Ah, there are so many things. But to sum it up, I learned the true definition of selflessness.
- having little or no concern for oneself, esp. with regard to fame, position, money, etc.; unselfish. (from dictionary.com)
- holding one's urine, especially with bladder about to bust open, in order to let your potty-training daughter use the only bathroom first.
- losing some or all of a night's sleep holding one sick child in order to keep second and third healthy children from waking up and from being tired the next day at school.
- foregoing all outings at "nice" restaurants and eating out at local diners and pizza places where the menu has little more to offer than chicken fingers and hotdogs.
- going days without a decent shower due to hectic mornings schedule of make breakfast, clean up after breakfast, get kids dressed, brush kids teeth and hair, find missing glove, load into car, drive to school, go grocery shopping, etc. - all before 9am.
- never going to the bathroom without an audience.
- never sleeping in.
- never getting sick.
- never eating without rushing.
- never having to go a day without hearing a sweet voice saying, "I love you, Mommy."
This post was inspired by the notes from my nest Mother's Day Blog Bash. Visit notes from my nest to find out how you can win lots of great prizes for your Mother's Day!