Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pineapple Apricot Salsa


We grilled pork tenderloin for dinner tonight and decided to dice up a ripe pineapple into a sweet and spicy topping for the pork. This salsa is perfect for pork, but equally great on chicken or with chips. One of my favorite things about salsas is that the ingredients can change based on your mood, what's available or how spicy you like your food. This is what we did tonight - but we rarely make it the same way twice. So use what you have and leave out what you don't. It will still taste great!

For this recipe (courtesy of my husband) you will need: 2 cups diced pineapple, 1 apricot (peeled and diced), 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1 Jalapeno pepper chopped, the juice of one lime, 1 garlic clove chopped, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving so that the flavors can meld. Give a quick stir before serving and enjoy this fabulous salsa!

15 comments:

Jessica said...

This looks delicious! I saw your comment on my blog, and your food looks amazing. I will definitely be coming back to check out more recipes!

amycaseycooks said...

I love making differrent kinds of salsas. Especially ones with fruit and spicy peppers.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Nice salsa recipe! I just found your blog and I love it. I will be visiting again.

Wendy said...

Mmmm, that looks good. Okay, now create a sweet pineapple salsa for me to put on my ice cream. Much obliged.

Katie said...

Yum! I love sweet salsas. Great blog!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

What a tasty looking salsa. I love all kinds of salsas,vegetable, fruit, hot and cold. I will be adding this to my favorites. Thank you.

Brittany said...

Oh this would be divine on pork, and I am totally trying it!

annalene said...

Wow! The salsa looks delicious, what a great choice of ingredients - I will have to try this soon.

Unknown said...

I just found your site...you are a woman after my own heart..I am glad I found someone who loves to cook homemade as much as I do..love the salsa!

Christine

Brandi said...

Looks delicious! Must try!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, Just visited your blog and I enjoyed your posts. I wonder if you'd be interested to exchange links with me? I'm mom to a 14-month-old boy and I love blogging about my experiences as a mom. My blog is at http://www.raisingdaniel.com . You can visit it and then let me know what you think.

Althea

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb! Interesting salsa. I've got to try it. I love that you said on MBC that you take your own food pictures. They look great.

Erica said...

That looks so good I am glad I found your blog courtesy of MBC. I hope you will visit my blog and become a follower and maybe even check out my GiveAway!!

John said...

Wow!
It looks so goods and healthy.
www.ahacook.com

Sharmistha Guha said...

HI! Over here from Mom Bloggers Club.
Lovely looking salsa....will be visiting again...

Do drop in at my blogs

http://cookadoodledo.blogspot.com
http://whimsnwishes.blogspot.com